Sunday, January 12, 2014

Needle Felting Bliss!

Hello again my fellow fawns! Sorry I have been gone for such a long time! I know everyone has been on vacation ;) So, I have chosen this weeks topic on needle felting!
 
Needle Felting is pretty much taking wool and stabbing it with a needle until it forms a shape. People can sell needle felted animals for hundreds of dollars! Anyone can do it! This time I tried this craft. It was surprisingly, very easy! I bought a needle felting fox set off of Etsy, and it came with a DVD tutorial. The first picture is by SarafinaFiberArt. She sells this set on Etsy! The second picture is my fox that I tried with the kit! They are poseable too!

 
Wool is surprisingly low at price in my opinion! Sets cost more because they come with armature wire and extra detail material. But a nice hunk of wool (a batt) Is $10. This is 1.25oz
Picture by SarafinaFiberArt on Etsy
 
You can get smaller batts for less money. This set of colors would be about $6 This all together is 1.oz
Picture by RockGardenAlpacas on Etsy
 
I hope you try needle felting! Its very easy and anyone can do it!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment